LITHUANIAN CULTURE INSTITUTE
The Lithuanian Culture Institute is a budgetary institution established by the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Lithuania, which is consistently strengthening the role of Lithuanian culture in the world. The Institute purposefully presents Lithuanian culture and professional art abroad and enhances the opportunities on the international scene for cultural professionals and artists, as well as for specialists and organisations working in these fields.
The Lithuanian Culture Institute carries out its activities in accordance with the thematic, regional and geographical priorities outlined by the Ministry of Culture, in cooperation with Lithuanian and foreign cultural professionals and the Cultural Attachés of the Republic of Lithuania.
The Lithuanian Culture Institute is assisted by the Board in planning its activities and evaluating its results.
The Lithuanian Culture Institute has been operating since 2008.
THE INSTITUTE’S MISSION
To create sustainable international cultural partnerships and promote the value of Lithuanian art.
THE INSTITUTE’S VISION
A culture that is changing the world and Lithuania through new perspectives.
THE INSTITUTE’S VALUES
Core values of the Institute’s activities:
- openness to innovation
THE INSTITUTE’S ACTIVITIES
The Institute implements the following activities:
- organises and coordinates programmes of presenting Lithuanian culture abroad
- runs the Visits’ Programme
- runs the Translation Grant Programme
- cooperates with the Cultural Attachés in foreign countries in the preparation of their activities and coordinates the implementation
- prepares and implements the programme of cultural events within the Vilnius Book Fair
- coordinates Lithuania’s participation in the European Union programme “Creative Europe”
- compiles and disseminates information about Lithuanian culture and professional art
- advises, shares knowledge and participates in inter-institutional activities in its competence areas
MEMBERSHIP WITH EUNIC
The Lithuanian Cultural Institute is a member of the European Union National Institutes for Culture network (EUNIC). This network unites 36 cultural organisations from the European Union and the United Kingdom. The Lithuanian Culture Institute operates directly or through representatives in 17 EUNIC clusters worldwide.